The Pandemic ‘Discovery’ – MOD
A decade ago, the Government established in its ‘risk register’ that a Pandemic although unlikely to occur was a high threat to the country. In 2016 there was an exercise held to test the Health Service readiness of the ‘government’. The results showed several shortcomings.
In 2019 the Covid 19 pandemic emerged and the UK, like the rest of the world, was found wanting in its response. (more…)
National and Defence Strategies Research Group
Dear Secretary of State,
DefenceSynergia has long argued, alongside few others, that the UK lacks an articulated Grand Strategy that can inform a subordinate Naval, Military and Air Joint Strategy. The events in Afghanistan, which can only be described as a Strategic and Tactical series of shocks to the USA, UK and NATO allies, has very clearly demonstrated what happens when foreign policy is conducted “on the hoof”. (more…)
Afghanistan and the Strategic Lesson for Her Majesty’s Government
A DefenceSynergia Commentary
It is interesting that Ben Wallace is quoted in various news outlets as saying ‘…the option of a unilateral UK presence in Afghanistan was considered. We could have put a force there but we would have had to take ourselves out of a lot of other places around the world. The possibility… was not viable.’ (more…)
DefenceSynergia (DS) is pleased to publish this 1 July 2021 US Congress report into Joint All-Domain Command and Control. We wonder if HMG/MOD has its own 21st-century All-Domain C2 structure in mind. If they do perhaps like the US Congress they might like to share their thoughts with the rest of us!
- Forces News article - Challenger 3: New Smoothbore Guns Enter Production In Germany https://t.co/atZeMfKwgy, 16 hours ago
- Forces News article - The White Ensign: A Brief History Of The Iconic Royal Navy Flag https://t.co/ApHXwUG28o, 16 hours ago
- Independent story - Royal Air Force trialing the use of self-driving, zero-emissions cars | Lifestyle | Independent… https://t.co/LLa8knVcE5, 16 hours ago
- Reuters story -Australia disputes French version of submarine letter https://t.co/sfhY3VKHcV via @yahooNewsUK, 16 hours ago
- Reuters Story - Russian navy practises striking Black Sea targets as Ukraine, U.S. hold drills https://t.co/3YPp5GKOrn, 17 hours ago