SPEAKER’S LECTURE – ‘THE FUTURE OF THE ARMED FORCES’
By Dr Julian Lewis MP
DS fully agrees with the sentiments set out in this brilliant speech.
A thought piece from one of our members, Tim Dainton.
Ice skating uphill is not very profitable, you get nowhere fast, but despite its weak denials that’s exactly what the United Kingdom’s (UK) Ministry of Defence (MoD) seem to be doing- with the Secretary of State still maintaining that spending is increasing and this somehow equates to an increase in capability which is patent nonsense.
- RT @BFBSSalsplain: A #playground inspired by @HMSQnlz has opened at @FleetAirArmMus and @adampowney went down to take a look here… https://t.co/b9TYUy25Qi, 20 hours ago
- RT @UKDefJournal: The decommissioning of HMS Ocean without replacement: Strategically nonsensical? - https://t.co/DL2T6dsj4h https://t.co/z2ZbcFkPOg, Aug 17
- RT @haynesdeborah: UK's purchase of #F35 jets suffers impact of weak £ against $ as US watchdog flags up new £3bln development funding: https://t.co/B9bdg62vm8, Aug 17
- UK's new £3bn aircraft carrier dismissed as ‘massive distraction’ https://t.co/RB2EPG40iI, Aug 17
- RT @haynesdeborah: Anticipation is mounting as dawn breaks here in Portsmouth ahead of arrival for 1st time of @HMSQnlz, the @RoyalNavy's largest ever warship, Aug 16